Summer Research – Early Identification Program (SR-EIP)
SR-EIP is a fully paid summer internship that provides undergraduates with training and mentoring in the principles underlying the conduct of research and prepares them to pursue competitive applications to PhD or MD-PhD programs.
SR-EIP offers closely mentored research experiences in the life and physical sciences, social and behavioral sciences, and the humanities at over 20 research institutions across the country.
- Spend 8-10 weeks at a Leadership Alliance institution
- Receive a stipend, and travel and housing expenses from the research institution
- Work under the guidance of a faculty or research mentor
- Gain theoretical knowledge and practical training in academic research and scientific experimentation
- Make oral or poster presentations at the Leadership Alliance National Symposium
- Gain access to ongoing resources, mentoring and professional networks to support their chosen career path