- Graduate Students
The application deadline is 11:59 p.m. EST December 15, 2016.
The DOE Scholars Program offers unique opportunities that introduce students or post-graduates to the agency’s mission and operations.
The U.S. Department of Energy is committed to:
- Energy security
- Nuclear security
- Scientific discovery and innovation
- Environmental responsibility
- Management excellence
Participants in the DOE Scholars Program gain a competitive edge as they apply their education, talent and skills in a variety of scientific research settings within the DOE complex. Appointments are available for a variety of disciplines at participating DOE facilities nationwide.
The DOE Scholars Program presents you with the opportunity to explore a federal career with DOE at various stages in your education.
DOE Scholars selected by the Federal Energy Management Program are given a Veteran’s Preference. Selected veterans will be placed at various federal agencies in Washington, D.C.
The DOE Scholars program provides stipends to Fellows based on the following scale:
- Undergraduate student – minimum of $600 per week
- Graduate and post-graduate student – – minimum of $650 per week
Inbound and outbound travel may be provided according to ORAU Travel Policies and the policies of the sponsoring federal agency.
The DOE Scholars program is open to all students and recent graduates who meet the following qualifications:
1. U.S. Citizen
2. 16 years of age or older
3. Undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate of an accredited institute of higher education
4. DOE Scholars internships are typically during the summer months and are approximately 10-weeks in length. Extensions may be granted based on the needs of the facility and the intern’s availability.
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen Only
- Degree: Currently pursuing an Associate’s degree , Bachelor’s degree , Master’s degree , or Doctoral degree or have received one of these degrees within 60 months.
- Affirmation: I certify that to the best of my knowledge all information contained in this application is accurate. I understand that any falsification will render me ineligible for participation and, if found after participation has begun, may require me to reimburse any funds received.
- Business (All)
- Physics (All)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (All)
- Earth and Geosciences (All)
- Engineering (All)
- Life Health and Medical Sciences (All)
- Mathematics and Statistics (All)
- Other Physical Sciences (All)
- Computer Sciences (All)
- Environmental and Marine Sciences (All)
- Communications and Graphics Design (All)
- Other (All)
- Nanotechnology (All)
- Veteran Status: Veterans Preference
- Degree Received Within 120 Months