DEADLINE EXTENDED: AISES 2016 National Conference ASSIST, Travel Assistance and Professional Development Program for Engineering Graduate Students, Post-Doctoral Fellows, and Early-Career Faculty
Would you like funding to attend the 2016 AISES National Conference in Minneapolis, MN with specific professional development tailor just for you? Are you interested in becoming or advancing in your career as an Engineering Faculty member?
With funding from the National Science Foundation (NSF), the American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) is able to bring up to 40 PhD students, post-doc professionals, and early-career faculty in Engineering* to the 2016 AISES National Conference for professional development workshops, cultural activities, and networking.
Travel Funding to the AISES National Conference (November 9-12)
- $2,000 travel awards will cover expenses incurred traveling to and attending the AISES National Conference.
- Eligible expenses include round-trip airfare, lodging, and conference registration. Any remaining funds, after those items are paid, may be used for other associated travel costs and/or meals.
- AISES will provide lodging for five (5) nights: November 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12, 2016.
- Participant travel days will be Tuesday, November 8 and Sunday, November 13, 2016.
- ASSIST Travel Assistance and Professional Development Program participants are required to attend a full day of program specific sessions and events on Wednesday, November 9th.
- Faculty and post-doctoral applicants must hold engineering appointments in an ABET- accredited institution; and faculty from two-year colleges must teach STEM-related courses.
- Faculty applicants must have held their appointment for five years or less.
- Post-doctoral applicants must have completed a Ph.D. in engineering no more than 48 months prior to their application.
- Graduate students must be working on their Ph.D. in an engineering field, be in good standing, and be enrolled as full-time students.
- *Engineering fields also include engineering education, technology and communication fields, and multidisciplinary studies.
How to Apply
- Applications will only be accepted through the website: https://assisttravelgrants.org/.
- Deadline for applications is EXTENDED to October 14, 2016 by 5pm Mountain time.
- Applicants will be notified on a rolling basis with travel arrangements made upon confirmation.
If you have any questions, contact Kyle Coulon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-552-6123 ext. 108. We hope to see you in November!