The 2016-17 application is now open and will close March 25, 2016.
All applications are carefully reviewed and evaluated by our Advisory Committee and we contact all of our applicants with a response in April.
Please ensure that you meet the following PREP Eligibility criteria before applying:
Eligibility for the Michigan Postbaccalaureate Research Education Program is stipulated by NIH grant requirements.
Applicants to PREP:
- Must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Must have already graduated or be in the process of graduating with a baccalaureate degree in a biomedically relevant science, from an accredited U.S. college or university, no more than 36 months prior to applying to PREP.
- Must not be currently enrolled in a degree program.
- Must belong to groups considered underrepresented in the biomedical sciences as defined by the NIH, including: individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups; individuals with disabilities; and individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds (socially, culturally, economically, or educationally). Applications are especially encouraged from students who are African American/Black; Hispanic/Latino American; Native American Indian/Alaskan Native, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander.
- Must plan to apply to a Ph.D. program in a biomedically relevant science after successful completion of PREP.
The 2016-17 application will is now open.
Applicants must complete an online application which includes an essay portion, and provide electronic unoffical copies of college transcripts from all institutions attended, and three letters of recommendation. Once an applicant matriculates into our program we ask that offical transcripts conferring their degree prior to July 1, 2015 be mailed in to our office.