The Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) Bridge to the Doctorate (BD) program at Binghamton University (National Science Foundation Award 1500455) is seeking applicants for Fall 2016.
- Participation in a LSAMP program during undergrad
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) discipline with a 3.0 GPA or better
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Acceptance into a STEM graduate program at Binghamton University
- Desire to pursue a PhD in a STEM discipline
The benefits of becoming a SUNY LSAMP BD Fellow include:
- $30,000 stipend plus tuition, fees and student health insurance waiver to complete master’s
- $30,000 stipend plus tuition, fees and insurance waiver in years 3, 4, & 5 if qualified to advance to PhD
- Faculty mentoring
- Participation in professional conferences and meetings
- Links to research and professional opportunities
- Enriched academic services and support
Binghamton University provides Application Fee Waivers to McNair, EOP, HEOP, SEEK, Project 1000 or LSAMP undergraduate students and GEM Fellowship applicants. There is still time to apply most of Binghamton University’s STEM graduate programs!
For more information about Bridge to the Doctorate at Binghamton please visit http://binghamton.edu/lsamp/bd/. You can also search a complete list of academic programs, application deadlines, admission requirements, or apply now.