2016 Summer REU Program
LSAMP Summer REU Program
The Syracuse University Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) Research Program is a paid summer research opportunity that provides undergraduate scholars with the opportunity to work with distinguished faculty and staff as well as network with others in their field of interest. Student scholars have the opportunity to conduct and present research over a ten-week period under the direction of a faculty research mentor at Syracuse University.
Through this program, scholars will gain theoretical knowledge and practical training in academic research and scientific experimentation. The SU LSAMP research program was developed to aid in the retention of traditionally underrepresented groups in the sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
What are the benefits?
- $3400 research stipend
- Round-trip travel stipend of up to $150*
- Free double occupancy room on the SU campus
- State-of-the-art laboratories, libraries, computers, etc.
- Meals provided during group events
*For students living outside of the Syracuse area
Who is eligible?
- Students must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident and African American, Latino, American Indian/Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Native Pacific Islander.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 2.80 or better
- Have completed at least two semesters of college
- Participants may NOT take courses during the summer program
Students may apply for research opportunities in any of the following NSF-classified STEM disciplines: Agricultural Sciences, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth Science, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geosciences, Life/Biological Sciences, Information Studies, Mathematics, Physics/Astronomy.
(Application in DOC form) LSAMP Summer Research Application
(Application in PDF form) LSAMP Summer Research Application
Application Deadline: February 16th, 2016
MAIL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS TO:
SU-LSAMP Research Program
Bowne Hall, Suite 203 Syracuse, NY 13244
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 315-443-3001 for more information