The 2015-17 SUNY LSAMP Bridge to the Doctorate program at Binghamton University has been funded (NSF Award 1500455) and will begin August 2015. We have received some strong applications and are looking to more in the following disciplines: Behavioral Neuroscience, Biological Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Geological Sciences, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, and Systems Science.
This program establishes a bridge helping students to obtain a PhD by providing the financial support to pursue graduate study, faculty mentors to guide students academically and professionally, and a support network to assist them in accomplishing their goals.
- Participation in a LSAMP program during undergrad
- Bachelor’s degree in a S.T.E.M. discipline with a 3.0 GPA or better
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Acceptance into a S.T.E.M. graduate program at Binghamton University
- Desire to pursue a Ph.D. in a STEM discipline
The benefits of becoming a SUNY LSAMP BD Fellow include:
- Tuition, fees and student health insurance waiver for first two years
- Stipend of $30,000 annually for first two years
- Level funding in years 3, 4, & 5 if qualified to advance to PhD
- Faculty mentoring
- Participation in professional conferences and meetings
- Links to research and professional opportunities
- Enriched academic services and support
Applicants to the program are evaluated on the basis of their record of achievement, as well as their research experiences, motivation, and connection to their field of study. All qualified students are encouraged to apply. The Binghamton University Graduate School provides an Application Fee Waiverto LSAMP students.
For more information or to apply please visit http://binghamton.edu/lsamp/bd/.