Engineering Preview Days
April 22-25, 2015
Deadline: Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Contact: Meltem Erol, email@example.com, (510) 643-1743
Students traditionally underrepresented in engineering are strongly encouraged to apply.
Berkeley Engineering Preview Days is a program designed for rising seniors who are interested in applying to Ph.D. programs in engineering.
Over the course of three days, participants will:
- Meet individually with faculty members
- Attend workshops on the graduate admissions and funding process and learn how to put together a competitive application to UC Berkeley
- Receive advice on maximizing upcoming summer research opportunities
- Network with researchers from national laboratories and engineering research centers
- Interact with current UC Berkeley graduate students
- Tour the Berkeley campus and visit San Francisco
- Airfare, accommodations and meals provided
Participants will receive ongoing advising from the Engineering Graduate Outreach office throughout the summer and admissions cycle.
- Academic goal is a Ph.D. in an engineering discipline
- Intend to apply for graduate school in Fall 2015
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Women, underrepresented minorities, and military veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.