Summer 2015 Research Program: June 1 – August 7, 2015 (http://lsamp.syr.edu/2015-summer-reu-program/)
The Syracuse University Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) Research Program is a paid summer research opportunity that provides undergraduate scholars with the opportunity to work with distinguished faculty and staff as well as network with others in their field of interest. Student scholars have the opportunity to conduct and present research over a ten-week period under the direction of a faculty research mentor at Syracuse University.
Through this program, scholars will gain theoretical knowledge and practical training in academic research and scientific experimentation. The SU LSAMP research program was developed to aid in the retention of traditionally underrepresented groups in the sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
What are the benefits?
* $3400 research stipend
* Round-trip travel stipend of up to $150*
* Free double occupancy room on the SU campus
* State-of-the-art laboratories, libraries, computers, etc.
* Meals provided during group events
*For students living outside of the Syracuse area
Who is eligible?
* Students must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident and African American, Latino, American Indian/Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Native Pacific Islander.
* Applicants must be in good academic standing with a GPA of 2.80 or better
* Have completed at least two semesters of college
* Participants may NOT take courses during the summer program
Students may apply for research opportunities in any of the following STEM disciplines: Applied Mathematics, Architecture, Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth Science, Engineering (Aerospace, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical),Exercise Physiology, Human Nutrition, Information Studies, Mathematics, Nutrition Sciences, Physics, Statistics.
Application Deadline: March 6, 2015
Notification of acceptance will be April 1st
MAIL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS TO
Syracuse University LSAMP
Center for Graduate Preparation and Achievement
203 Bowne Hall
Syracuse, NY 13244