Summer Undergraduate Research Programs
Summer Research Programs available through the UMN MRSEC:
These 10-week summer programs provide outstanding educational and research experience in materials science and engineering to faculty and students from undergraduate institutions. Benefits to undergraduate participants include:
- $5000 stipend; food, housing, and travel paid
- Independent research project
- Professional development activities: oral and poster presentation practice, scientific ethics, GRE prep
- Hands-on access to world-class instrumentation facilities
- Visits to industrial partners and academic/national labs
- Travel grants for post-participation conference attendance
- Weekly seminar series
- Exposure to wide variety of research projects and diverse participant base
- Meet with Admission/Transfer Counselors
The REU, American Indian, and Faculty/Student Team programs will begin June 1 and end August 7, 2015.
MRSEC faculty represent six departments within the College of Science and Engineering which makes the MRSEC uniquely able to match students from varying backgrounds with appropriate faculty mentors and research projects.
Participating Departments: Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering & Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
Students in all STEM majors are encouraged to apply.
Additional information and applications for all of our programs can be found on our web site at http://www.mrsec.umn.edu/EHR/SummerResearch.php. All applications and application materials should be submitted electronically through our web site. The deadline for submission is February 15, 2015.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Education & Outreach Director
Materials Research Science & Engineering Center
University of Minnesota
435 Amundson Hall
421 Washington Ave. S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55455