A student will spend the first week of his/her Argonne experience with an Argonne staff member devising a research strategy and attending mandatory safety classes. For the next few weeks, the supervisor will provide considerable program assistance and guidance to implement the research plan. Subsequently, the student will be required to submit a research report at the end the internship experience.
In addition to their research activities, participants attend a series of weekly seminars and tours dealing with current topics in science and engineering and career development.
During the appointment period, participants receive a stipend of $500 per week and housing in the on-site student units. Apartment type lodging facility is available on site. Students pay the appropriate tuition to their home university. In most cases, students receiving financial aid remain eligible for their school’s financial aid program. Students should consult their financial aid office for further inquiries.
- Must be currently enrolled full-time at an accredited institution and completed at least one year of schooling
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Undergraduate cumulative minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- 18 years or older at the time the internship begins
- U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident at the time of applying
Summer 2015 internships application deadline February 1, 2015.
Fall 2015 internships application deadline May 30, 2015.
Spring 2016 internships application deadline October 5, 2015.