DOE SCHOLARS PROGRAM – Explore the Possibilities!
The Department of Energy (DOE) Scholars Program is now accepting applications for Summer 2015.
Visit http://orise.orau.gov/doescholars for more information or to apply – deadline is January 15, 2015!
The DOE Scholars Program offers unique opportunities that introduce students or post-graduates to the agency’s mission and operations. Participants in the DOE Scholars Program gain a competitive edge as they apply their education, talent and skills in a variety of scientific research settings within the DOE complex. Appointments are available in a variety of disciplines at participating DOE facilities nationwide.
Being selected as a DOE Scholar offers the following benefits:
- Career possibilities with the nation’s leading sponsor for scientific research
- Opportunities to learn from top scientists and subject matter experts
- Stipends are a minimum of $600 per week (depending on academic status)
- Travel arrangements to and from appointment site
- Veterans are given Veterans preference with the Federal Energy Management Program
Applicants must be US Citizens and undergraduates, graduates or post-graduates of an accredited college or university. The program is open to majors in: Engineering; Physical Sciences; Environmental Sciences; Computer Science and Information Technology; Physics; Business; Policy; Program Management; Mathematics; Statistics; Safety and Health; Accounting and Finance; Law; Communications; and other related areas.