Pending NSF funding, the SUNY Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Bridge to Doctorate (LSAMP BD) program at Binghamton University, is slated to begin in August 2015.
This program establishes a bridge helping students to obtain a PhD by providing the financial support to pursue graduate study, faculty mentors to guide students academically and professionally, and a support network to assist them in accomplishing their goals.
* Participation in a LSAMP program during undergrad
* Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline with a 3.0 GPA or better
* U.S. citizen or permanent resident
* Acceptance into a STEM graduate program at Binghamton University
* Desire to pursue a Ph.D. in a STEM discipline
The benefits of becoming a SUNY LSAMP BD Fellow include:
* Tuition, fees and student health insurance waiver for first two years
* Stipend of $30,000 annually for first two years
* Level funding in years 3, 4, & 5 if qualified to advance to PhD
* Faculty mentoring
* Participation in professional conferences and meetings
* Links to research and professional opportunities
* Enriched academic services and support
Applicants to the program are evaluated on the basis of their record of achievement, as well as their research experiences, motivation, and connection to their field of study. Please encourage all qualified students to apply. The Binghamton University Graduate School provides an Application Fee Waiver<http://www.binghamton.edu/grad-school/prospective-students/apply.html> to LSAMP students.
For more information or to apply, please visit http://binghamton.edu/lsamp/bd/.