Liberty Power has partnered with the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce to support education, particularly in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics or STEM education in the United States.
We invite students currently enrolled in an accredited two and four-year public or private university that have an interest in the fields of energy or the environment to apply for Liberty Power Bright Horizons Scholarship. One $10,000 scholarship, one $5,000 scholarship, one $3,000 scholarship and one $2,000 scholarship will be awarded.
Applications are due Tuesday, July 15, 2014 at 11:59PM EST. This year’s first and second place award winners will be publicly announced at the USHCC National Convention in Salt Lake City, Utah which takes place from September 21st to the 23rd. To learn more, read our FAQ section.
Who is eligible for the scholarship?
- Students must be currently enrolled in an accredited two and four-year public or private university
- Must demonstrate a proven interest, experience or idea related to energy or the environment
- Must be 18 years old by September 20, 2014/prior to date of travel to the USHCC Annual Convention
- Must prove they are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Ability to travel to Salt Lake City on September 21-23, 2014
- Must submit a signed release allowing Liberty Power the right to use your submitted application materials for public and promotional purposes (personal/family and financial references will not be used)
- Finalists only:
- Must submit a headshot
- Must provide an official picture ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport)
- Must agree to a background check
- Must submit their official school transcript (electronic version accepted)