The University at Albany is a recent recipient of the Bridge to the Doctorate Fellowship grant, funded by the NSF. We are now actively recruiting nine (9) talented Fellows for this prestigious award for the 2014-15 academic year. We welcome nominations of capable STEM students for the fellowship program.
- Have participated in an LSAMP Program (or similar programs such as McNair, CSTEP, AGEP at a LSAMP institution – see application)
- Have obtained a Bachelors in a STEM Discipline
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Plan to matriculate into a STEM masters or doctoral degree program at the University at Albany
- A two year fellowship of $30,000 annually
- Full tuition, fees and health insurance,
- Support services and faculty /professional mentoring
- Opportunities to attend academic and professional workshops.
STEM Graduate Programs
- Atmospheric Science – M.S., Ph.D.
- Biology – M.S., M.S Biodiversity, Conservation and Policy, M.S. Forensic Biology, Ph.D.
- Biomedical Sciences – M.S., Ph.D.
- Biometry and Statistics – M.S., Ph.D.
- Chemistry – M.S. Applied Chemistry, M.S., Ph.D.
- Computer Science, M.S., Ph.D.
- Environmental Health – M.S., Ph.D.
- Epidemiology – M.S., Ph.D.
- Physics – M.S., Ph.D.
- Psychology – Ph.D.-Behavioral Neuroscience
- Mathematics – M.A., PhD.
- Nanoscale Engineering – M.S., Ph.D., Ph.D./M.D. (SUNY Downstate College of Medicine)
Also, please feel free to consult our website: http://www.albany.edu/graduate/bridge-to-the-doctorate.php for more in-depth information and the Bridge to the Doctorate application.