LSAMP Summer Research Program at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
In this section
The Office of Graduate Education at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY invite underrepresented* minority undergraduate students in the STEM fields to conduct research with Rensselaer faculty for eight weeks during the summer of 2014. This program is designed to help curious and solution-oriented students gain confidence in the lab, develop enthusiasm for graduate school, cultivate a
professional network, and earn attractive qualifications.
Sunday, June 8, 2014 through Saturday August 2, 2014
LSAMP Online Application
- Mentorship in a Rensselaer Lab
- Professional Development
- Opportunity to Present Research Findings
- Living Allowance of $350 per week
- On-Campus Room and Board
- Full-time, eight week commitment
- Participation in all program activities
- Applicant must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Rising junior or senior in the Fall of 2014
To Apply: For application, click here.
Application components include:
- Application Form
- One Page Personal Statement (one page describing your interest in pursuing a graduate degree in a STEM field)
- One Recommendation Letter from a Faculty Member
- Transcript (unofficial are acceptable)
Application Deadline: March 3, 2014
Contact: Heather Carbary, Office of Graduate Education, email@example.com, (518) 276-3048
- Selected participants are responsible for their own travel to and from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- Rooms will be “doubles” – you will have a roommate.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is located in Troy, NY (Upstate New York), approximately 150 miles from New York City.
- What is the Capital Region (Albany, Saratoga, Schenectady and Troy) like? Visit the following websites for more information:
– Rensselaer New Grad Students Website
– Times Union Website
– Albany Events Website
– Downtown Troy Events Website
*African-American, Alaskan Native, Native American, Hispanic American, or Native Pacific Islander.
This program is funded by the generous support of the NSF, through the Upstate New York Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation, and through the Diversity Portfolio of Rensselaer.