The Center for Energy Efficient Electronics Science (E3S) is accepting applications for summer internship positions at UC Berkeley, MIT, Stanford and University of Texas at El Paso.
2014 E3S Summer Research Internship
Date: June 8-August 9, 2014
Locations: UC Berkeley, MIT, Stanford, and University of Texas at El Paso
Application Deadline: January 31, 2014
What is the E3S Summer Research Program? A 9-week program that introduces energy efficient electronics science to undergraduates who are interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in science and engineering. Summer interns have the opportunity to join E3S researchers working in a collaborative and innovative environment to make fundamental breakthroughs in the underlying physics, chemistry, and material science of electronics systems. Learn more at: www.e3s-center.org/research/<http://www.e3s-center.org/research/>
* Real-world experience: Work on challenging projects developing materials and devices for ultra-low energy electronics
* Summer salary: $4,000 stipend
* Live and work in Boston or the San Francisco Bay Area: Travel to/from institution, summer housing, and meals provided
* Mentorship: Work one-on-one with research mentor and program staff
* Professional development: Graduate school preparation seminars, GRE prep course, guest speakers, and lab tours
* US citizen or permanent resident
* Rising sophomores, juniors, and non-graduating seniors
* Engineering and physical science majors
* Minimum GPA: 3.25
E3S Commitment to Diversity: E3S is committed to broadening participation in science and engineering. We strongly encourage students from historically under-represented groups in science and engineering to apply to our internship program, including students who are socioeconomically disadvantaged, first-generation college students, or have limited access to undergraduate research in their undergraduate constitutions. Our program is designed to promote future student success by providing support through mentoring, leadership training and various networking activities.
For additional information, join us for our upcoming online webinar to learn more about the application process: November 20th, 12pm PST. RSVP online at: www.surveymonkey.com/s/E3SWebinar<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/E3SWebinar>
Questions: Contact Lea Marlor at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> or 510-664-4882<tel:510-664-4882>
Sharnnia Artis, Ph.D.
Director of Education and Outreach | Center for Energy Efficient Electronics Science (E3S)
University of California, Berkeley
562 Sutardja Dai Hall MC#1764
Berkeley, CA 94720-1764