Engineering Co-op & Careers Services at Cornell University is presently conducting a search for an Assistant Director. You will find the description for this position below. Please share this opportunity with others within your respective networks and encourage any interested applicants to submit their materials by January 2, 2013.
Inquiries about this position can be directed to Mark S. Savage, Director of Engineering Co-op & Career Services, email@example.com.
CORNELL UNIVERSITY, ITHACA, NY
Assistant Director, Engineering Co-op & Career Services – 18929
(Student Services Associate II – Level F)
Engineering Co-op & Career Services provides career development and job search resources / services for 4,300 undergraduate and graduate students in the College of Engineering, including career advising, workshops, on-campus recruiting, and Intern / Co-op / Fulltime job search. The Assistant Director position is 12-months / fulltime and plays a major role in planning & implementing policies, procedures, programs and services for engineering and technical students of all degree levels.
· Performs career and job search advising for students
· Creates, delivers, and assesses programs / services, often in collaboration with internal/external presenters
· Coordinates and updates web postings and electronic /printed publications
· Oversees selection, training, scheduling, and supervision of up to 10 student peer advisors
· Assists with employer marketing initiatives, career fairs and other major events
· Presents to 1st year orientation classes; opportunity to team-teach a Spring Career Development Course
· Coaches a subset of Co-op students via phone and domestic travel to Co-op worksite locations nationwide
· Participates in team-based projects with Cornell Career Services and Engineering Student Services
· Handles additional duties, roles, and tasks as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years experience in college career or student services, human resources, education, or related field. Strong team, communication, advising, organization, and problem-solving skills. Proficiency in MS-Office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint). Customer service orientation within a team environment is essential.
· Master’s degree in Student Services, Education, Counseling, or related field
· Proficiency in FileMaker and web-based recruiting systems (Experience, Symplicity, CSO) preferred
· Ability to learn new software, and to add / manipulate web-based content
· While an engineering background is not necessary, interest / curiosity in technology can be helpful
Apply online at https://www.hr.cornell.edu/ and select “Cornell Careers” — search Job #18929
Application priority date is January 2, 2013
Background check may be required. No visa sponsorship available for this position.
Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose and contribute creative ideas to further the university’s mission of teaching, discovery and engagement. Located in Ithaca, NY, Cornell’s far-flung global presence includes the medical college’s campuses on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and Doha, Qatar, as well as the new Cornell NYC Tech campus to be built on Roosevelt Island in the heart of New York City.
Diversity and inclusion have been and continue to be a part of our heritage. Cornell University is a recognized EEO/AA employer and educator.